July 23, 2007

Ashanti's Afghan


Another thing I made in college was an afghan for my now ex bf Ashanti. He and I were together for 3 1/2 years, 2 of which I was at school. I wanted to make him a blanket, but he protested, saying crochet made holey blankets and he didn't like how his fingers and toes got caught in them. Ok then. So I made this all sc, using a J hook, and again Red Heart yarn. This was in Medium and Dark Sage. If their site is correct, medium sage is no longer made, which is too bad.

He and I are still friends. The afghan had been packed up for a few years last time I knew. His new gf didn't like having a reminder of me in the living room!

1 comment:

Eileen said...

My husband doesn't really like "holey" afghans either but I made him one he likes well enough. I can't imagine making a whole afghan in single crochet!