February 21, 2010

Mid Feb Update

I haven't been reading too many books lately, because I've been trying to catch up on the pile of magazines I have laying around! But I did take a break to read "Push" by Sapphire. This was the book the movie "Precious" was based on. I did not find it as hard to read as I thought I might, considering it's about rape/incest and abuse. Though some parts definitely were shocking and uncomfortable, I really could barely put it down. I hadn't planned to read it but I picked it up one night to browse through it and started reading and didn't look up for a couple hours. The young girl in the book leads a pretty bleak existence until the book actually starts, which is when her life starts to turn around. You are left with a feeling of hope at the end.

My shawl is coming along. It's probably about 60-70% done. I'm almost 1/2 way through the 2nd skein. I hope to finish it today, but I'm not sure if I will or not.

No comments: