August 16, 2010

Summer 2010 update

What I'm reading:

I'm doing something VERY rare for me....reading not one, not two, but FOUR books at once. Not like, simultaneously, but in different places at different times. My mother had The Time Traveler's Wife in the bathroom and even though sappy romances aren't really my bag, I started reading it and am almost finished. I also started The Omnivore's Dilemma again at the beginning of break, and have gotten through all that I read earlier and am in the last part of it now. I read that at the kitchen table, in the morning at breakfast and at night while the rest of my family watches tv that I don't like. On the desk next to the computer I have A Walk in the Woods. I've just started and only read it while I wait for the dialup to connect and pages to load, so it's going slowly, but so far I LOVE it. It's hilarious. At bedtime I read a few pages of a Georgia Nicholson books, which is a YA series from Britain, also hilarious. The first one, Angus, Thongs and Full frontal Snogging, was a big hit and there were several after that. I think this one is the 4th? 5th? in the series, Away Laughing on a Fast Camel.

So it's nice to have some variety. Romance, comedy, serious non-fiction, YA.

What I'm crocheting:

I've been making some dishcloths for Amanda. I also want to make her a scarf and a shawl before I see her in November.

No comments: