May 14, 2011

Spring 2011

Reading: Got some new books at the Library Book Sale and also a few of my wish list books on PaperbackSwap.com came up, so I now have a few new books to read - like I didn't have a pile sitting there waiting for me! I'm still slogging through Radical Homemakers, but I find the later half slower going than the first half. I've started The Mayflower & the Pilgrims' New World over spring break. A couple of weeks prior to that I learned from looking through my uncle's genealogy binder that we are in fact related to some of the Pilgrims. Constance Hopkins (later Constance Snow) was my 9th great-grandmother, and her father Stephen Hopkins also came here on the Mayflower, along with her stepmother and 3 siblings. So I found it quite thrilling to read about my ancestor! I also started reading Infidel a few days ago and found the first few chapters completely engrossing. I love reading about other places, cultures, religions. Lastly I also started reading The Betrayal of Work: How Low Wage Jobs Fail 30 Million Americans which is also engrossing. It reminds me somewhat of the Nickel & Dimed book I read a while back. It's really sad how in this country the rich keep getting richer and the poor just keep getting poorer, even though they are working so very hard doing difficult and demanding labor.

Creating: Working on something right now for Secret Pal. Won't reveal what it is right now though!

No comments: